Our team at Washington Outpatient Surgery Center handles the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the urinary system. We offer a range of treatment options including those affecting the bladder, urethra, kidneys, adrenal glands, and ureters.
Urologic surgery involves surgery of the pelvis, including the urogenital organs, gynecological organs, and the colon. These surgical activities may be wide-ranging. Some purposes include removing obstructions, and treating dysfunctions including sexual dysfunctions in men such as erectile dysfunction. Other purposes of urologic surgery may include remedying malignancies and treating inflammatory diseases affecting the urinary tract.
Some examples of urologic surgical procedures include:
- Bladder surgery
- Renal surgery- surgery of the kidney
- Nephrectomy-removal of the kidney
- Prostatectomy-removing the prostate
- Testicular / scrotal surgery
- Ureterolithotomy-surgery of the ureters, removing stones from the ureters
- Urethra surgery
- Pelvic lymph node dissection