Our team at the Washington Outpatient Surgery Center thoroughly understands how the stomach and intestine work and are familiar with the common digestive symptoms and conditions. We provide treatment for patients suffering from a range of gastrointestinal conditions.
Conditions treated with gastroenterology in Fremont, CA
Some examples of conditions we treat include:
- Abdominal Issues
- Crohn’s Disease
- Colorectal Cancer Diverticulitis
- Gall Bladder Disease
- GI Issues
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Disease
Testing services we offer
Some of the gastroenterology testing services we offer include:
- Colonoscopy – A colonoscopy allows your doctor to examine the inner lining of your rectum and colon, in other words your large intestine. The doctor will be looking for cancerous tumors, signs of bleeding or inflammation, ulcers, and colon polyps. These procedures are recommended regularly for individuals over 50 or under 50 with certain risk factors. Ask your doctor about when you should start colonoscopy screenings.
- Endoscopy –Endoscopy is a method of taking pictures of the digestive tract. In this procedure, the patient swallows a tiny pill-sized capsule that contains a camera. This imaging device transmits pictures of the GI tract wirelessly.
- Sigmoidoscopy – This procedure utilizes a flexible, thin tube inserted through the patient’s anus in order to examine the sigmoid colon and to screen for colon and rectal cancer. Your doctor may order this test if you exhibit symptoms such as stomach pain, changes in bowel patterns, and rectal bleeding.